I decided to bake something fun for Valentines day and looked up some recipes online. I found a fairly simple cinnamon bun recipe and decided on that as the MR loves these (Me too). If you want to see the original post, click here. Read on for ingredients and directions.
I tried to be all romantic and use a heart shaped muffin tin, and I do believe it would work better than shown here. I wasn’t careful enough when I placed the dough into the tin before baking. They turned out not too bad though, right? RIGHT?
1 3/4 C Flour
4.5 tsp Yeast
1 tsp Salt
3/4 C Milk
1/2 C Water
1/2 C Melted Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Flour
Flour (By judgement)
1. Start by mixing together the 1 3/4 C flour, yeast and salt. Set this aside.
2. Heat the milk, water, butter and sugar and melted butter in a small saucepan over low/medium heat. Stir constantly.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and beat until smooth.
4. Add egg and 1/2 C flour. Beat for two minutes.
5. Slowly add more flour (1-2 cups based on personal judgement) to make a soft dough.
6. Knead dough, cover with cloth and let rest for about 30 minutes.
7.Roll into a rectangle.
Melted Butter (enough to cover rolled dough)
1/2 C Brown sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
8. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
9. Spread Melted butter over rolled dough
10. Spread sugar mixture over dough.
11. Roll dough into a log.
12. Cut into slices, thickness upon personal preference.
13. Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake on a cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes.
14. Let cool slightly (Make glaze now)
1 1/2 C Icing Sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1/8 tsp Vanilla
2-3 tsp Hot water
15. Combine all glaze ingredients into bowl. Beat until smooth.
16. Spread Glaze over cinnamon buns.
17. Enjoy these bad boys. I found they were best when warm, so throw it into the microwave if you don’t get that ‘oven fresh’ warmth.